June Empties

17 June 2015




This is an exciting day as empties are my favourite posts of all. My empties tub has been full for a very long time but I've just never got around to writing the post. It's so full in fact that I'll have to turn the contents into three posts! This one mainly features skincare and hair products, so grab a cuppa and enjoy!





Starting off with makeup removers and the very first oil-based cleanser I tried was The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil (£10). This took my makeup off really well, although I didn't really like the packaging. The label peeled off and the pump was a bit messy. I also had to unscrew the lid to get the last bit of product out. I won't be repurchasing this, even though I liked it, as I have already bought the cleansing butter version of this.

One that didn't quite wow me as much was the Benefit They're Real! Remover (£14.50 full size). I got a sample of this in a set of the mascara and mini eyeliner, and really didn't enjoy it. It stung my eyes and didn't do that great a job of removing my makeup.




I tried a few sheet masks earlier on in the year and fell in love with how refreshing they felt on the skin. Whilst I didn't notice much of an effect with the Beauty Formulas Radiate & Glow Brightening Facial Mask (£3.99 for 2), I adored the real-deal Korean masks. I tried some from Innisfree*, but much preferred the Étude House*offerings as the masks were stronger. I particularly liked the I Need You, Lemon! Mask Sheet* (£1.95).

I loved the Nip + Fab Bee Sting Fix Eye (£14.95) when I first bought it. It was thick and hydrating, and did the job. However as time went on it dried out and started to ball and flake off on application. For that reason I wouldn't buy it again.




The Electric Hair Hydrate Shampoo (£17.50 full size) came in a Birchbox, and I couldn't help but notice how tiny it was, no wonder I used it up. It was a nice shampoo and smelt good, but considering the price of the full size, it wasn't memorable enough to repurchase.

I got the Trésemme 24-Hour Body Weightless Body & Volume Conditioner (£4.99 for 750ml) for Christmas in a set and used it up pretty quickly. I started reverse-washing and found it nice and light. I also liked that it added volume. A nice conditioner but didn't wow me enough to repurchase.

I bought all the scents of the CoLab Sheer Invisible Dry Shampoo (£1.99 for 50ml) last year, and the first to go were New York and Rio. I liked the formula, even though you need to use more than you do with Batiste. I prefer the London scent so I won't be repurchasing these, but I have bought the Extreme Volume version of the New York scent.

Speaking of Batiste, I also have their Blush Dry Shampoo (£2.99 for 200ml) in my empties. I got a bit bored with the scents which is why I changed to the CoLab dry shampoos, and these are much more dusty. However they are the most effective on the market when it comes to fighting second (or even third) day grease. I wouldn't repurchase this right away as I have a few CoLab ones to use up, but never say never.




I fell for the vanilla-mint flavour (yes, you can eat it) of the Lush Mint Julips Lip Scrub (£5.50) when I pinched my friends. It makes a great pre-bold lip prep but I just didn't use it enough and it went past it's best before, so I thought seeing as I'm eating it I should get rid. I bought the Santa's Lip Scrub in the Christmas sale as a replacement for this.

I picked up the Beverly Hills Formula Perfect White Black Toothpaste (£9.79 for 2) when it was on offer and really enjoyed using it. Yes it is just a toothpaste but it is nice and minty, and I think I noticed my teeth weren't as white as usual when this had ran out. I've already repurchased.


What is your most repurchased product?


Start Here

Curated By KIrstie © . QUINN CREATIVES .