New-in Fragrance Launches: December

6 December 2016

New-in Fragrance Launches: December

Christmas is creeping closer and closer, and if there's one thing that I love finding under my tree most, it's a new fragrance. There are a ton of perfume gift sets that are great for this time of year, and I'll save that for another post, but here I'm going to run through some of the newest fragrances on the market, those that have just launched in time for the Christmas rush.

Elizabeth Arden White Tea
Launching 2017

A modern update to their infamous Green Tea fragrance, White Tea makes an appearance in the midst of winter, emulating the crisp white snow and clearing the air after the warm, spicy, festive scents. White tea always seems to be very consistent with the colour in its name, representing purity and fresh starts. The scent has a myrid of top notes: Italian mandarin, clary sage, white fern and sea breeze, with a heart of white tea, Turkish rose, and mate absolute, finishing with a base of ambrette seed, tonka bean and a woody accord. I'm really intruigued to smell this as there is so much juxtaposition with the florals, botanical sage, fresh sea breeze and ambrette seed and the warmth of the tonka bean.

MAC Shadescents
Link via MAC - £35 for 50ml

The MAC Shadescents collection is inspired and named after some of their most popular lipstick shades. There's Creme de Nude (a sexy amber musk with notes of caramel, inspired by naked skin), Velvet Teddy (with notes of wild honey and creamy musk), Ruby Woo (a woody floral with red leather accords), Lady Danger (a woody oriental floral with wild cherry), My Heroine (an exotic mix of saffron, incense, smoke and black leather) and finally Candy Yum-Yum (a floral fruity gourmand with notes of tropical fruit and cotton candy). If you're the girl that rarely strays beyond her signature lip colour, this is the collection for you.


Agent Provocateur Pure Aphrodisiaque
Link via The Fragrance Shop - £52 for 40 inc. free knickers! 

This is a scent that has been inspired by their "Sparkly" line of fine lingerie, capturing femininity in a sensual way with it's warm ambery, musky scent. It has intoxicating top notes of mandarin, anjou pear and rum, with an exotic and sensual floral heart of orchid, tuberose and jasmine sambac. It has a base of dark woods, amber crème and skin musk. Although I'm not the hugest lover of tuberose in a fragrance, I'm really intrigued by this one and I'm looking forward to trying it. I wonder if it lives up to the name?

Jimmy Choo L'Eau
Launching 2017

I'll let you into a secret, I hated the original Jimmy Choo scent. I found it cheap-smelling and heady, and yet I know so many people that love it. The scent profile of L'Eau looks a lot more soft, feminine and simplistic, so maybe this could be the Jimmy Choo scent for me. It has top notes of bergamot and hibiscus, a feminine heart of nectarine and peony and a base of musk and cedar. It sounds really pretty and I'm looking forward to seeing how this compares to the original scent.

Chloé Love Story Eau Sensuelle
Link via Chloé

I tried the original Chloe Love Story in this post back in the spring and really liked it. I have a soft spot for Chloe fragrances, as they're gorgeously girlie, in stunning packaging and offer a slice of Parisian chic. Eau Sensuelle is the second flanker of Love Story, and follows the Eau de Toilette. Eau Sensuelle takes the central note of the original fragrance, Orange Blossom but works it in a way to give it more of a sweet, romantic twist, mixed with vanillary heliotrope and milky sandalwood. It sounds absolutely gorgeous, so I can't wait to give it a sniff!


Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Sucre
Not yet available

Last but not least is Viva La Juicy Sucre, and I'm not gonna pretend that I wasn't drawn in by the stunning packaging, Juicy Couture always seem to go all out! This is the latest flanker in the popular Viva La Juicy line, aimed at those who like sweet scents. It is inspired by a cupcake, which is not only evident in the design, but in the composition too. It has top notes of gardenia, mandarin and red currant, a heart of orange blossom, jasmine blossom, peach nectar and almond cream and a base of whipped cream, cocoa, sandalwood and vanilla. I'm really intrigued to see how the floral gardenia will work as a top note and I think there's a real mix of notes here so I'm looking forward to seeing how well the gourmand notes come through. 

If that's not enough, I've dedicated a whole Christmas Gift Guide to all things scent, so if you're still in need of present ideas, then that's the read for you. I've actually finished my Christmas shopping, I don't know how as I'm literally the most disorganised person in the world, but I'm feeling like the Cheshire Cat right now!


I'd love to know which scent you're hoping to find under your tree this year! 

*Source: Fragrantica

Post a Comment

Start Here

Curated By KIrstie © . QUINN CREATIVES .