Banishing Dark Circles Starts With Skincare

28 June 2015

Banishing Dark Circles Starts With Skincare Skin Pep Origins


Ever since I can remember, I've always had really dark circles. Pair that with difficulty sleeping and you've got someone who looks like an emo teen that's gone OTT on the under-eye black liner 99.9% of the time. When I want to look fresh and fancy-free, I usually turn to an industrial strength concealer and whack it on by the truck load, but I've worked out that the best results start off with a hefty dose of the right skincare. I'm talking eye creams, and I've got two that work seamlessly together for the perfect dark circle-zapping attack.


Starting off with the morning, and the perfect eye cream is the Origins Ginzing Refreshing Eye Cream (£23). It is beautifully lightweight and contains brightening pigments which instantly make a difference to my tired eyes. I got the squeezy bottle as I got it as part of a gift set. I actually prefer this to the pot as it is more hygienic and seems much quicker in the mornings. I simply squeeze a tiny bit out and dab it onto my undereye area and browbone with my finger. It is the perfect base for makeup too as it isn't oily. Easily one of the best skincare discoveries of 2015.


Banishing Dark Circles Starts With Skincare Skin Pep Origins



Moving onto the night when your skin does most of it's hard work, and I like to use something a little more nutrient rich. I've been trialing the Dark Circle Eraser Growth Factor Eye Cream* (£44.99) from Korean brand SkinPep. With a sophisticated mix of clever ingredients to target dark circles, you can go to sleep knowing your eyes will thank you in the morning. The eye cream contains 4 different naturally sourced peptides; fibroblast growth factor and transforming growth factor, both of which promote collagen and elastin production; palmitoyl pentapeptide 3, which maintains that elastin and collagen; and finally acetyl-hexapeptide-8, which is involved in muscle relaxation. All of these particularly contribute to anti-ageing, however the SkinPep Dark Circle Eraser does so much more. It restores lost moisture, decreases puffiness thanks to ginseng and witch hazel and protects the delicate eye area from free radical damage

The SkinPep Dark Circle Eraser has a hydrating balmy texture which can get a tad sticky so I'd avoid it on the lids. The scent is quite strong, so the applicator is great for not getting it on your hands. I pump the product through as I massage it over the browbone and undereye area. This is more than just a gimmick as it is great for relieving tiredness after a long day, and it quite literally feels like you're erasing away your dark circles. It is an expensive product, way more than I would usually pay, so I'm not sure I'd buy it for myself, and there's another Origins eye cream I'd like to try for night time once this runs out.  

Put together, the Origins Ginzing Eye Cream and the SkinPep Dark Circle Eraser are a match made in heaven when it comes to instant brightness, and some seriously sophisticated technology that will reverse the damage of one too many nights spent binge watching Netflix. I feel like since using these two together I have needed to use less concealer in the mornings, which us definitely a positive sign. Now if I could only choose sleep instead of one more episode of PLL...



FOLLOW BEHIND THE SCENT

Start Here

Curated By KIrstie © . QUINN CREATIVES .