Roger&Gallet Hand & Nail Balms

26 June 2015

Roger&Gallet Hand & Nail Balms


I've always been a slave to the L'Occitane Shea butter hand creams, which are great for the winter. Come summer I don't want anything too heavy, but my hands still often suffer and a lot of the lighter formulas don't quite cut in. The Hand & Nail Balms* from Roger&Gallet are the perfect compromise. They are a cream/balm hybrid that delivers a whack of nourishment in a light velvety formula. I often use hand creams at work, only to find myself unable to grip a pen. Interestingly, Roger&Gallet have aimed to minimise this sweaty palm syndrome, giving a matte feel to the hand & nail balms.

There are three scents in the range, and I'm going to be sharing two of them. I'll start off with the fresher option out of the two. Bienfaits is an invigorating yet sophisticated orange scent. Think a marriage of the Ghost Escada perfume and the Soap & Glory Orangeasm range and you've hit the nail on the head. It is orangey, sherbety and slightly woody, and contains extracts of five antioxidant-rich fruits as well as aloe vera to nourish and protect the hands. 

Fleur de Figuier is at the opposite end of the spectrum. It is fig as you've never seen it before. Deep, fruity and exotic, it is a bold berry cocktail. It comes in sweeter than Bienfaits, and is marketed at being a relaxing scent. That is a statement I'd have to disagree with. After snaring a few sample spritzers of the perfume, I've come to the conclusion that it is the perfect summer night update. I'm a Diptyque Philosykos convert by day, and I could fig until the cows come home. I'd wear this scent on a fun girls night out. Talking of the perfume, the hand balm also has a good dousing of scent. Why not dabble in fragrance layering and massage the cream into your wrists before spritzing with the Fleur de Figuier perfume? As well as being an olfactory dream, it is nourishing and softening, thanks to the shea butter-enriched formula. 

The Roger&Gallet Hand and Nail Balms are priced at a flipping bargain at £6 for 30ml. They are a small luxury, all for less than a Venti soy latte and a skinny blueberry muffin. The Fleur de Figuier and Bienfaits scents have fiercely barged their way into my handbag, and the brand threatens to knock L'Occitane off the top spot. If the goal was to wow, then Roger&Gallet certainly have delivered. A great impression of my introduction to the brand. I'm particularly keen on trying their Osmanthus scented products next as they smell so beautiful and luxe. 

Have you tried any of the Roger&Gallet products?


Post a Comment

Start Here

Curated By KIrstie © . QUINN CREATIVES .