June Beauty Favourites

30 June 2015

June Beauty Favourites. Kimamely Beauty. Real Techniques The Body Shop Virgin Mojito. Maybelline Master Sculpt


It's favourites time again! I've got loads of beauty favourites this month as I've switched up my daily makeup bag quite a few times. In comes a few new beauty launches, and there's been a bit of a shop-my-stash going on too. It's been pretty easy to pick my favourites, as most I've been using on a daily basis and have absolutely fallen in love with in such a short time!

Starting off with body, and It wouldn't be summer without some cocktails-a-sippin'. Filling that void this vacay season is the newest scent from The Body Shop. I was on the fence about their Fuji Green Tea scent, yet as soon as I heard they were releasing a mojito-inspired collection I was all ears. Sharp, zesty lime and smooth mint pair up with the icy silk texture of the Virgin Mojito Body Sorbet (£8) to create the perfect treat after a long, hot day. I know I'll be bulk buying a few more tubes of this minty goodness before the season changes.

Moving onto beauty and I eagerly snapped up the Maybelline Master Sculpt Contouring Palette (£6.99) when it was released. A duo of a champagne-gold highlight and a pigmented, cool-toned powder make the perfect pairing with the Real Techniques Duo Fibre Contour Brush (£23.99 for set). The medium/dark shade is definitely the way to go with this palette; it creates a more natural shadow than the warmer tones of its light/medium counterpart.

Sticking with the 'maybe she's born with it' theme, another Maybelline product I've fished out of the stash is their sculpting brow mascara, Brow Drama (£4.99) in Medium Brown. I've been using this in combination with their Brow Satin to add a bit more dimension to my slugs and it makes such a difference. Minimal effort required.


June Beauty Favourites. Kimamely Beauty. Real Techniques The Body Shop Virgin Mojito. Maybelline Master Sculpt


Talking all things base, and there's one tool that has transformed my relationship with concealer and my big bad eye bags. The Primark Blending Sponge (Beauty Blender dupe) sat unused in my makeup bag for months on end. When I first used it, dampened to blend in my under-eye concealer, I was amazed. It is the perfect tool to create ultra-light, perfectly blended layers of warpaint.

I've recently come back to using the Revlon ColorStay Makeup for Combination/Oily Skin (£12.49). A base I never quite fell for, yet come summer nothing has quite beaten its lasting power. Admittedly it's not a perfect colour match, yet as the day goes on it seems to meld to my skin and it really looks better with time.

I've previously spoken about the Bourjois Colorband Shadow + Liners (£5.99) but this month I picked up another shade. The peachy tones of Rose Fauviste have fast become my go-to eye look. It is MAC All That Glitters and more; a seriously stunning shade.

Speaking of beautiful shades, you can't get better than my next favourite. BarryM Speedy Quick Dry Nail Polish in Eat My Dust (£3.99) is quite possibly the most awesome blue-toned polish, and the formula is brilliant. Speedy by name, speedy by nature.

One final favourite, and this is a skincare option. If you've seen my post on L(A)B Life + Beauty's skincare range, you'll know just how much I've been loving The Cleanser* (£16) It's a lightweight, creamy cleanser that leaves my skin softer than I've ever experienced, and makes the perfect second cleanse.

What have been your favourites in June?

Start Here

Curated By KIrstie © . QUINN CREATIVES .