Magnitone Lucid Cleansing Brush Review

22 June 2015

Magnitone Lucid Cleansing Brush Review Kimamely Beauty


Whilst cleansing brushes are not a new concept, the closest I came to anything like the Magnitone Lucid* was a manual rubber & bristled brush from Soap & Glory. As fab as the rubber side was, the other side was scratchy beyond the valley of belief, and firmly solidified my refusal to shell out more than £5 on anything of the kind. When the Bloggers Hub ran a twitter party a while ago, I was lucky enough to have been gifted a Magnitone Lucid cleansing brush. It was a mad panic trying to apply for the samples before the stocks dwindled, so I was thrown by the colour choice. I hastily chose Aqua Green (it also comes in pink, blue and yellow). Thankfully I'm happy I chose this one, as the other colours are less on the pastel end of the spectrum and more primary brights. Pastels I like. 

The Magnitone Lucid is particularly easy to operate. Simply apply your cleanser (to the brush or your face), run it under a drizzle of water and press the button (once for normal mode, twice for sensitive). There is a timer, which is specially designed to allow optimum cleansing time for each area of the face. Once you have covered each area (1 minute later), you can wash of the rest of the cleanser and continue with the rest of your routine.

Although I was initially a bit worried, thankfully I have found the bristles to be just the right density; they give a deep cleanse whilst still being very gentle. My skin feels smooth and clean after use, and softer than if I has just used a cleanser. Talking of cleansers, I generally use the Magnitone Lucid with my holy grail cleanser, the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish, or if I'm feeling in need of a refresher, I'll use the Clean & Clear Morning Energy Gel. The cleansing brush works just well with both of these formulations. The only thing I wouldn't really pair it with would be an oil-based cleanser.


Magnitone Lucid Cleansing Brush Review Kimamely Beauty

It is a pleasure using the Magnitone Lucid as it doesn't take really any longer than using a muslin cloth. It is very easy to operate, as well as to clean and charge, and I love the fact that it is wireless and waterproof. The only downside to the product I feel is the timer. Whilst I use the it as a guide, I feel like it all gets a bit rushed when you get 10 seconds for each cheek, so I do go off piste a tad.

I would class this as the perfect skincare accessory for those with combination skin. The gentle buffing will whizz away those pesky dry patches, and it's deep cleansing super powers will refine pores and lift out those bothersome blackheads. Whilst I'm too lazy (even though it only takes a minute) to use this every day, I think it's great to add in to your routine a couple of times a week as a gentle alternative to abrasive traditional exfoliators. At £69.99, it is by no means an impulse purchase, but it is nowhere near as expensive as its competitor, the Clarisonic. If you're looking for a sturdy cleansing brush that is travel friendly but won't make your pockets  weep too much, then this is your guy. The Magnitone Lucid is available online priced at £69.99. 


Have you tried the Magnitone Lucid
If so, comment and let me know what you think! 

Start Here

Curated By KIrstie © . QUINN CREATIVES .