First Impressions of the St.Tropez Gradual Tan In Shower Lotion

16 July 2015



I've never been the world's biggest fake tan lover. Despite being Snow White, I just find tanning the biggest faff and I'd rather be pale than have to get up off my B. U. T. T. However I've tried my fair share of fake tans. From gradual lotions, bronzing gels and mousses, I've never quite found the perfect formula for me. Maybe there's one out there that will change my whole perspective on tanning...

As St.Tropez announced their latest launch, I, along with every other beauty blogger, was flabbergasted. A self-tan you apply in the shower? This is either going to be pure excellence and change EVERYTHING, or it's going to be the biggest waste of money out there. Thankfully I was able to try the St.Tropez Gradual Tan In Shower Lotion (£14.50) for absolutely nothing; a 50ml tube came free with the August editon of InStyle. Snap one up while you can!

The premise of this product is that you wash with shower gel as normal and turn off the shower. Next, apply the Gradual Tan In Shower Lotion and leave for three minutes, then wash off with warm water (no soap). Dry off as usual, and the tan will continue to develop through the day leaving you with a gentle glow. 





I prefer to get out the shower to apply the lotion, as it all gets a bit slippery and you don't want to risk having to call for help when you're in the nuddy. The rich lotion is easy to apply and feels really hydrating on the skin, like an in-shower moisturiser. St.Tropez advise doing a hair mask in the three minutes the tan takes to activate. All well said and done, but what about the other 2 minutes and 50 seconds? With that dead time, I've taken to doing squats (around 80-100 will do it). Three minutes feels a lot longer than you think when you're cold, naked and feeling the burn. Hey, it's all worth it, at the end of the day you're not only getting a healthy glow, but a top bod too. Winner all round. 

Back in the shower and it's time to rinse and dry off as usual. There is no fake tan scent at this point, although a seasoned tanner will begin to recognise the scent as the day goes on. It definitely isn't as strong as traditional fake tan, or even the moisturiser ones, so if the scent is your bugbear, this may be a great option for you. I would recommended using a scented body lotion once you're dry to mask the scent even more.

In terms of colour, pale girls rejoice! One application won't give you a TOWIE tan, but a beautiful light colour. It basically makes me look normal, and takes the edge off the perma-white look I usually sport. It is one of the most natural looking self-tanners I have ever used, and that goes for both the colour and the application. It blends very well into my skin and there are no telltale signs of streaking or orange palms (as long as you remember to wash them before the 3 minute development time of course!). 

Overall I'm pretty impressed with the St Tropez Gradual Tan In Shower Lotion. I would definitely recommend using this if you're after a natural every day glow, and I wouldn't be put off by the 3 minutes of nakedness. Add some squats into the mix and you'll be grinning that you added some extra exercise into your day! I'm looking forward to topping up my tan every 2-3 days with this product. Who knows, this might just become a holy grail for me. 

What do you think about this novel approach to tanning? 


Start Here

Curated By KIrstie © . QUINN CREATIVES .