Summer Beauty Essentials | Guest Post by Class & Glitter

29 July 2015



Hello Everyone! My name is Parie from Class & Glitter where I talk about my obsession with all things beauty and fashion related! Today I am talking to you all about my summer beauty essentials, everything from what to put on your lips to your nail tips. This post is a collaboration, so you can find Kirstie's guest post on Summer Body Essentials over on my blog here.


Base & Face

The most essential summer beauty product has to be SPF, whether this is on your body or on your face. I find that sun tan lotions are generally greasy and cling to the dry patches I have on my face this makes me lean towards using products with built in SPF, which I shouldn’t rely on all the time. The face fluid from Eucerin is different; it doesn’t have a greasy texture and has mattifying qualities making it the perfect base for your makeup or even to wear on its own. The smell can be quite off putting but the benefits of it being water resistant; perfume free and a SPF of 50 make it a necessity in the summer.  

In the summer it is always nice to have a dewy look without looking like the bottom of a frying pan. The glow-y look can be achieved many different ways but one of my favourites is applying this radiance cream by Simple. The cream has the smallest amount of shimmer in it allowing you to create that ‘glow from within’ look and it is also very moisturising so it will keep your skin feeling fresh at the same time. Just like the face fluid it can be used on its own but the shimmer is much more obvious.

During the summer I tend not to reach for my blushes and instead try out a little bit of contouring and highlighting. I am by no means an expert at how to contour but this little gem from Maybelline actually makes life a lot easier. I have the shade 02 Medium to Dark which is cooler toned than 01. Both the contour and highlighter are really pigmented; you only need the tiniest amount to achieve your desired look. The handy little compact comes with a mirror and a brush, perfect to take away with you on holiday!

Milani Baked Blush in Rose D”Oro

If you haven’t already discovered baked blushers you need to. They give you colour, shimmer and a gorgeous glow at the same time. Everyone from Hourglass to Max Factor have their own range, you are definitely going to find one you like. My favourite is from Milani in Rose D’Oro the colour is just stunning and when you apply it your cheeks a warm pinky glow is created.




Lips & Tips

In the summer you can get away with wearing bright lip colours as it looks appropriate, just how deep reds look perfect in the winter. The entire rouge edition velvet range from Bourjois is amazing; the matte formula is long lasting and doesn’t dry out your lips. My favourite from the range is Ole Flamingo a hot fuchsia that will suit anyone, it looks scary as it is so bright but if the rest of your makeup I subtle then this will look amazing and bold.  

If you aren’t the biggest fan of bright lip colours then another essential in the summer is a lip-gloss! One of those colours that you can just put on and walk out of the door. Rimmel’s new range of glosses are amazing for the summer as they aren’t sticky so you won’t get any hair stuck in them as well as been really pigmented so even this one is a nude colour you can build it up to become really pink.

Now for the first of two nail colours you just have to add to your summer collection! BarryM have always been one of my favourite brands and their Speedy range tops everything else. The quick drying formula is great for those of us who are impatient when it comes to painting our nails. Eat My Dust is a colour different anything else out there, it is best described as a pastel/powdery blue with grey undertones that just looks out of this world.

Red Hot Getaway is more of your typical summer colour. A pink coral that is perfect for when you have a tan, it is very bright and noticeable. The 7 day formula is great for when you go away as you don’t have to worry about your nails chipping straight away.

I love summer and think that all these products are perfect to keep you going! If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to check out my blog Class & Glitter and follow my twitter and Instagram @pariejoshi xx

Start Here

Curated By KIrstie © . QUINN CREATIVES .