#LeicesterLushmas Halloween & Christmas Preview

11 October 2016

#LeicesterLushmas Halloween & Christmas Preview


Last week, I was kindly invited to the #LeicesterLushmas event, their Christmas and Halloween product preview evening. It was an event that I, along with the other bloggers, was highly anticipating, after last year's Summer Sneak Peek event (read the post here). After getting a message saying that they had made personalised lanyards for us all, I knew we were in for a good night.

There was a bustling atmosphere, as we descended on the store after dark (which is all too early these days, with the nights drawing in, sob). In contrast to the dull and dreary weather outside, the store was brought to life with bright colours, rather like a candy shop, or a circus, and they had none other than Christmas music playing through the speakers. Everyone was in such good spirits, enjoying the first of the Christmas festivities of the season!


Lush Autumn Leaves Bath Bomb


The main reason we were there of course was the new products. Lush have launched new products for both Halloween and Christmas. Kicking things off with Halloween, the Autumn Leaf Bath Bomb (£3.75) is a new product for 2016, and is one of the most intriguing out of all the new releases. It has a fresh, woody scent, not to dissimilar to my fave, Olive Branch shower gel, with neroli, sandalwood, Japanese maple sap and bergamot, to evoke the feeling of crisp fallen leaves underfoot. I will be going back to pick one of these up!

The Monster's Ball (£4.25) is another new bath bomb, and this one is one of the cutest additions to the range, reminding me of something from Monsters Inc! This one has a scent made up from lime, neroli, and olibanum oils, and is enriched with creamy cocoa butter. Pumpkin (£4.25) is another newbie, which although I don't find the most visually appealing, it does have the scent of pumpkin pie, so OF COURSE I'll be going back for one of these. Finally in the bath category for Halloween there's the Boo Bath Melt (£3.50), another cutie with a comforting scent of mimosa, ginger, sandalwood and mandarin.


Lush Halloween Products


There's also the Goth Fairy Shimmer Bar (£5.95) which would be perfect for Halloween parties (the glam kind that is) with its gold, green, purple and silver lustres and scent of almond, grapefruit and bergamot. Next we have two new soaps, Fireside and Magic Wand. Fireside smells exactly how you would expect, smoky with a hint of vanilla and clove, whereas Magic Wand has the uplifting scent of mandarin and orange. Lush now formulate their soap base in-house, so there is now no palm oil in the formula.

Going back to old favourites, cult classic, Lord of Misrule returns this year in the form of a Bath Bomb (£4.25) and Shower Cream (from £4.95). The bath bomb has had a bit of a makeover and fizzes with popping candy to reveal a blood red centre in the bath. I've never personally enjoyed its black pepper and patchouli scent but I know it is one of the most popular Halloween products year after year. The last Halloween product is one that I regretted not picking up last year, the Sparkly Pumpkin Bubble Bar (£3.95). This one has a really interesting sweet floral/fruity scent with juniper berry, grapefruit and lime, and we can't not mention its (hella glittery) appearance.


Lush The Magic of Christmas Wand


Moving on to Christmas and there are just too many products to list here so I'm just going to touch upon the highlights. As someone who has issues sleeping, I was so excited to see the Sleepy Body Lotion (£7.95), which takes the relaxing lavender and tonka bean fragrance from one of my favourite bath bombs, Twilight. Talking of favourites, Snow Fairy has to be up there, and this year the Body Conditioner (£13.95) joins the roster of the Shower Gel, Fairy Dust and Magic Wand.

Lush haven't forgotten the cute-factor, and fitting that bill is the adorable Santasaurus Reusable Bubble Bar (£5.95). As adorable as it is, I find Lush's constant repetition of the fresh orange and bergamot scent a little uninspiring and certainly not festive. Talking of orange scents, one of the releases that was creating a lot of buzz at the launch was the Bubbly Shower Gel (£9.95). This one is based around the idea of a buck's fizz breakfast, with sweet orange oil, lime and grape juice to wake you up in the mornings.


Lush Christmas Penguin Bubble Bar


I can't not mention the adorable The Christmas Penguin (£3.95), which is a lemon, bergamot and orange flower scented bubble bar that I would never have the heart to crumble up. Also in the above picture, you might be eyeing up the bright pink and yellow thing, and that is the Never Mind The Ballistics (£4.25), a product I love the concept of. It's a bath bomb, half dipped in bath oil, with a scent of lime, sweet orange oil and banana. I didn't pick this one up as I'm pretty sure I smelt grapefruit in there, which I'm not a fan of, maybe I'll have to go back for another sniff!

Last but not least, there are a few old favourites that have returned, and one that I am most excited for is Northern Lights Bath Bomb (£3.95). This was last available in 2014 (albeit in a different shape), and I loved its relaxing ylang-ylang scent and explosion of colours, so I was quick to add one of these to my basket. I was delighted to see Rose Jam Shower Gel back for another year, its sweet turkish delight scent is a year round favourite for me. Sadly my favourite Yog Nog soap isn't returning this year but they do have a Yog Nog Shower Roulade (£5.75). In it's place, theres a Sea Salted Caramel soap, which smells delicious!

The #LeicesterLushMas event was the perfect way to start the season, with Christmas tunes and the staff in good spirits. We even had the chance to make our own Creamy Candy or Big Blue, although disappointingly there wasn't enough left by the time I went upstairs to make one. Luckily I managed to amuse myself by scoffing the vegan cupcakes, which were very yummy indeed! We also came out with a lovely goodie bag packed full of sample sizes of products including Bubbly Shower Gel, and there was even a Butterbear in there! Thanks so much to the Lush Leicester Team for making us feel so welcome, I'll definitely be back very soon!


Which Halloween and Christmas products will you be picking up?

Thanks to the team at Lush Leicester for inviting me to this event

Post a Comment

Start Here

Curated By KIrstie © . QUINN CREATIVES .