October Favourites

2 November 2016

October Beauty Lifestyle Favourites Video


October is my favourite month of them all, and not only because it's my birthday month. I've full-on embraced Autumn this time around, and I find that I fall more and more in love with it each year. I'm sad to say goodbye to October, but we're now less than two months till Christmas and I can't wait! The decorations are already up in town, and I've even been to my first Christmas event! I'm thoroughly looking forward to drinking my body weight in gingerbread and eggnog lattes! Before we get ahead of ourselves, let's backtrack to October. I've also filmed my favourites too, so if you'd prefer to get your fix in video form, you can click here or scroll to the end of the post.


October Beauty Lifestyle Favourites Video


BEAUTY FAVOURITES

Although I was super organised and had a list of favourites going since the start of the month, I didn't have as many beauty favourites. I've now exhausted both storage options and my bank account, so I'm pressing the pause button on the hauls for the time being. I'm trying to focus on using the products I already own, which inevitably means there will be more Empties videos, and I've even got a Project Pan series in the pipeline.

That didn't stop me from having a few beauty favourites however, and two of those were lipsticks. One was a new purchase, the L'Oreal Color Riche Matte Lipstick in Moka Chic (£6.99), which is a gorgeous pinky nude with a creamy matte finish. The second lipstick isn't actually too dissimilar from that formula, and is one of the Maybelline Creamy Mattes (read the full post) in Rich Ruby* (£6.99). I actually misplaced this shade but it turned out to be the best out of the lot, having a flawless formula and a gorgeously flattering shade. I spoke briefly about the NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Dogon in my One Brand Tutorial video and I mentioned that I hadn't really gotten much use out of it. This month, I've really given it a go, and to my surprise, I absolutely love it as it makes for a gorgeous subtle smoky eye.

Moving onto skincare, there's one brand that I've been seriously impressed with, and that is the Superdrug Vitamin E range. I picked up two products this month, the Intense Moisture Cream (£2.99) and the Nourishing Eye Cream (£2.99). Both are super affordable, and despite their price tag, are both brilliant quality products and have slotted straight into my skincare routine. Last on the beauty front is a fragrance, and that is the Light & Dark Delightful* scent (from £9.50) from Leighton Denny (read the full post here). This has top notes of red berry, a heart of mirablis jasmine, pink violet and lotus flower and a delicious base of vanilla, musk and coconut sorbet. The result is an uplifting and fun fruity scent that is perfect for slipping into your handbag.


October Beauty Lifestyle Favourites Video


LIFESTYLE FAVOURITES

I feel like I had quite a lot of foodie favourites this month, and the first was a brand called Nutri-Bombz*. This is a subscription box of energy balls, with some incredible flavours like Salted Caramel and Mint Chocolate. For £4.99, you get 12 energy balls, which I think is really quite affordable, and they are delicious too. On a not so healthy front is my next favourite, which is the Monin Popcorn Syrup*. I'm not usually the biggest lover of hot chocolate, as I usually favour coffee or tea when I'm out, but I've been making indulgent hot chocolates at home with my Prestat Dark Hot Chocolate Flakes, adding in 2 tsp of the popcorn syrup which gives the most delicious flavour. Last on the food front is yet another subscription box, Morning Pops*. This is a cereal subscription, supplying breakfasts from around the world. All four that I have tried have been delicious and as someone who isn't at all a breakfast lover, it makes that all important meal a little more fun.

My final favourite of October is a TV show. I've struggled recently to settle into a series on Netflix after finishing PLL and Suits. This month I discovered Freaks and Geeks, which is a high-school drama set in 1980. I settled into it straight away, and I couldn't even tell that it was created in the 90's, it felt really current. The cast is incredible too, with young James Franco, Seth Rogan and Jason Segel amongst others. Sadly the show only had one season, as it was axed due to poor ratings, however it has since taken on a cult-status as producer Judd Apatow went on to create many popular films and TV shows.





What have you been loving lately?

Post a Comment

Start Here

Curated By KIrstie © . QUINN CREATIVES .