I Heart Yankee Candles!

22 February 2014

Yankee Candles are a recent discovery of mine and I'm obsessed already! I thought I'd share a mini haul that I did in the Yankee Shop in Cardiff. I picked up a few of their votives and tarts (£1.80 and £1.49 respectively) and despite only having 8-15 hours burn time, I thought it'd be so much better value to buy these mini options instead of going for a much more expensive jar candle just in case I didn't like the scent.

The first I tried was Sun & Sand (Tumbler £14.99), a scent which is described as "A tropical beach breeze of sweet orange flower, lemony citrus, fresh lavender and powdery musk." I absolutely adore this scent, it is sophisticated, sweet and not overpowering. I didn't really understand the connection between the scent and the beach, but despite this, I really want a full size jar! Yankee Candle have discontinued this scent unfortunately, but I managed to pick up a huge 2-wick tumbler on eBay.

A Child's Wish is just perfect for spring and early summertime, and is like "A warm breeze of soft flowers and fresh green fields captures the sweet innocence of childhood days playing in the back yard." This is a very unique scent, being grassy and fresh although the votive wasn't very strong.

Although Coastal Waters is described as "Clean and bracing...the rush of cool ocean spray from the breaking surf clears the mind and refreshes the soul.", I found the votive smelt sweet and rosy. This is quite the opposite of both the name and the description. The votive didn't have much of a scent throw, but the tart is is eye-wateringly strong! This is another scent that Yankee Candle have since discontinued.

Vanilla Lime is one of my favourites from this haul, and it is such a classic scent."Smooth and refreshing...the creamy richness of vanilla with sweet cane sugar and a zesty lime finish", and Yankee Candle couldn't be more right. This is the perfect inoffensive scent that would be perfect for a living area. I would repurchase Vanilla Lime in a flash.


Which Yankee scents would you recommend?

Post a Comment

Start Here

Curated By KIrstie © . QUINN CREATIVES .