Yankee Candle Love Is In The Air Collection

26 April 2015



Yankee Candle bring out a collection as well as a few limited edition scents each season, or quarter. The Love is in the Air collection was introduced back in January as the quarter 1 (Q1) limited edition collection. It comprises two scents with a fruity theme, Red Raspberry and Pink Grapefruit, just in time for Valentines Day.

Yankee Candle describe Red Raspberry as being "Tangy sweet and full of nature’s goodness … there is nothing quite as delicious as ripe, rosy red raspberries." This smelt better melting than on cold sniff, as I usually find Yankee's fruity scents a bit artificial and lacking in the depth department. However I soon found that it was a strong and well rounded scent which I enjoyed. Red Raspberry is most definitely a lingerer, but in the best way. My living room smelt faintly of raspberries for a good few hours after I blew the tealight out.

Pink Grapefruit is described as "Perfectly ripe, sunkissed fruit bursting with bright, tingly citrus to stir the senses." Now it's no secret I'm not the hugest fan of grapefruit scents. It all started after using a Neutrogena grapefruit scented face wash, and then I associated grapefruit with soap. Pink Grapefruit is a very clean, citrusy scent, however I likened it a bit too much to kitchen and bathroom cleaner. The tart did have good scent throw and if grapefruit is your thing, it may be for you. 

My favourite out of the two had to be Red Raspberry. This was pretty much a no brainer, as I've been pretty obsessed with all things raspberry over the last month. I'd definitely recommend the scent. Unfortunately, Pink Grapefruit wasn't really my cup of tea as I'm not the biggest fan of grapefruit scents.

Are you Team Raspberry or Team Grapefruit?

4 comments

  1. Raspberry sounds amazing!! I never knew Yankee did seasonal scents - I'll have to take a trip into town and get some! I haven't used the Neutrogena face wash, but The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit shower gel smells so fresh and light that I love it!
    My all-time favourite Yankee Candles are the Waikiki Melon and Mango Peach Salsa :) my friends know me so well that they buy me them for my birthday and Christmas haha.

    Great post Kirstie! :D xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Team Raspberry, I purchased both in the small candles and the Raspberry it's definitely my cuppa T! Verity||www.gingerdollyxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it sounds like these fruit my scents would be right up your street, if you like grapefruit already you'll probably get on better with that one than I did then! Thanks for commenting :)

    Loves! Kirstie

    ReplyDelete
  4. From the feedback it looks like Team Raspberry is winning! I'm obsessed with raspberry scents right now so this is perfect.

    Loves! Kirstie

    ReplyDelete

Start Here

Curated By KIrstie © . QUINN CREATIVES .