The Annual 'Summer's Coming' Haul

2 May 2015



So today I went shopping in Leicester, for the first time in a few weeks. I did a good old haul because well, why not. This is what I call the "change of the season eek I have no clothes haul". This happens without fail every spring, and will no doubt be repeated come October time. Although I do love a healthy haul throughout the year, it's these new season hauls that are the most detrimental to the bank balance.

Thanks to that non-existent bank balance, I didn't go too heavy on the clothes side of things. This is also partially due to me being picky and the fact that the whole population of Leicester descended on Primark. I just couldn't take any more, okay! No doubt I'll be picking up a few more summer bits along the way, this just whet the appetite so to speak.




Primark was a busy affair being Saturday afternoon, and before I completely lost the plot , I managed to pick up a few items of clothing. I thought this white Paris t-shirt (£4) would be really cute to wear in the house on lazy days. I really wasn't sure about this duck egg shirt (£8), and almost didn't try it on, but I was so glad I kept a hold of it. This will be gorgeous with leggings or white ripped jeans. Another slouchy top for daytime is this navy tshirt (£6). I love the zip detail and the white chiffon underlayer.




I don't often go in River Island, but after the disappointment of not finding any sunglasses in Topshop, I headed there to check out the selection. Here I found these gorgeous cat eye sunglasses (£13) which are the perfect size for my face and have gorgeous duck egg blue and snakeskin arms. Bonus that they don't make my round face look even rounder! Whilst scouting out the sunglasses, I had a look at the bags. For years I've been eyeing up a dusky blue Marc by Marc Jacobs hobo bag but sadly it isn't around anymore, so when I spied this one I couldn't help noticing it's similarity. Such a bargain at £25 too!




I wanted to pick up a few more RealTechniques brushes as I'd been finding the blush brush a bit too big for my small face. On first impressions, the Duo Fibre brushes (£23) seem a bit smaller than I expected, I wanted them for powder, blush and concealer, but I may have to rethink that plan. However they are super soft. On the makeup front, concealer was at the top of my list. I picked up the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer (£4.99) in Ivory after so many recommendations. I repurchased my favourite shadow stick, the GOSH Forever Eye Shadow (£5.99) in Silver Rose, and also picked up newbie on the block, the Seventeen Eye Eye Shadow (£3.89) in Pink Quartz.

Now summer is near, I'd been wanting to step up my SPF. I found a gem on offer for £12, the Dr Jart BB Beauty Balm with SPF 40. Feeling like the cat got the cream, I was happy until I spied the La Roche Posay Anthelios XL Fluid SPF 50+ (£16). I'm excited to try these two out. My last Boots purchase was the Soap & Glory Orangeasm Body Spray (£4). I've been gravitating more towards lighter body sprays instead of heavy perfumes, and I love fruity scents so this is perfect. I also repurchased two hair care products; the Lush Big Shampoo (£12.95) and the CoLab Sheer Invisible Dry Shampoo as it was half price at £2.50. I topped off my Primark purchases with a red stripy makeup bag (£4), which will be perfect for my daily essentials.





I'm going to finish off with a few random buys. I was ecstatic to find a phone case that was both adorned with pineapples AND actually fitted my iPhone 5c. I knew immediately that this Skinny Dip one (£12) had to be mine. I've been obsessed with having my morning smoothie in a vintage style milk bottle, and I wanted to pick up some cool paper straws. I found these polka dot ones for £2.99 from one of my fave stores, Set. It wouldn't be a shopping trip without some Yankee Candle purchases. I got tarts of Lavender Vanilla and Season of Peace and a votive of Lilac Blossom, the perfect spring scent.

 
What are you looking out for on your next shopping trip?   


Start Here

Curated By KIrstie © . QUINN CREATIVES .