What's in my Makeup Bag | Spring

1 May 2015



In terms of makeup storage, I have the majority of my stash stored in my Muji Drawers and dresser. However I keep all the products I've pulled out during the month in a smaller makeup bag, which I empty back into the drawers at the end of each month. This might seem a bit OCD but I love seeing what I've used and it makes monthly favourites a hella lot easier. I'll link up any reviews of the products so you can find out a bit more.




I used to use this huge Muji toiletry bag to keep my daily essentials in, but it is beginning to look a bit grubby and I fancied something a bit smaller. I still use this to store any other non-essentials such as palettes and lipsticks.




I am currently using this black I Heart Makeup pouch for my absolute essentials. I actually got this free when I bought a few Makeup Revolution Products. This was awesome timing as I'm yet to find the perfect makeup bag. Let's have a look inside...




BASE: I've stuck to The Body Shop Instablur Primer since last autumn, and I absolutely how that it mattifies my oily skin. I then apply the L'Oréal Infallible Matte 24h Foundation in Vanilla. This is great as you can build it up from natural to almost full coverage with a semi-matte finish. On the concealer front, I use the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair to conceal blemishes and the undereye area, and then the L'Oréal Lumi Magique Concealer in Light comes in to do it's thing, brightening dark circles. This also comes in handy to perfect brows and the lip line, a real multi-tasker. This base gets finished with the Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot, but I've been moving towards using the Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray as of late, which I use as the final step in my makeup routine.




CHEEKS: Covering all things contour, bronze and blush. First of all I'll add a bit of colour with the Bourjois Delice de Poudre Duo. I'll add a contour to the cheekbones, temples and jawline with the Maybelline Colour Tattoo Leather Effect in Creamy Beige, a bit of an underdog as I also use this as an eyeshadow base. After a bit of blending, I add a tiny amount of extra shadow to the cheekbones with the L'Oréal Color Riche L'Ombre Pure Matte Eyeshadow in Breaking Nude, an awesome ashy taupe that I also use as a crease colour. For a lovely daytime highlight, I go in with the lighter shade in the Bourjois duo, and apply this to the tops of the cheekbones and the centre of the nose. This gets finished off with the Tarte Amazonian Clay 24-hour Blush in True Love, a real 'goes with anything' shade.




EYES: I start off prepping the lids with either the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion or the Colour Tattoo mentioned earlier. I love the Charlotte Tilbury Dolce Vita Palette as it can be used for day or night time. I either use the prime or enhance shade on the lids and the define shade in the crease for an easy look.I don't always use liquid eyeliner but when I do, I love the L'Oréal Superliner Perfect Slim. I also use the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Liner in Nude to brighten the waterline and make you look more awake. This all gets finished off with a coat of the Benefit They're Real Mascara, one I've been obsessed with for a few years now. For the brows, I rely on the Maybelline dynamic duo of the Brow Drama and Brow Satin, both in Medium Brown.




LIPS: While I do the rest of my makeup, I prep my lips with the Blistex Daily Lip Conditioner. This gives a tingling effect to the lips which I'm pretty sure plumps them too. The Essence Lip Liner in In the Nude is the perfect shade for my lips, and I either layer this under another product or use all over. Recently I've been relying on the Bourjois Rouge Edition Aqua Laque in Rosé on the Rocks. This is a pretty pink gloss/stain hybrid that is a lovely 'my lips but better' shade. For something a bit deeper but still very much on the nude side of things, I love the NYC Cityproof Twistable Intense Lip Colour in Riverside Rose, an almost plummy pink.
 



TOOLS: A quick nod to brushes, as I feel that I have to mention my two holy grails, the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush which I use for foundation, concealer and contour, and the MAC 217 brush. I use this for eyeshadow and if you're scrimping/travelling/in a rush, it can be the only eye brush you need.

What's in YOUR makeup bag? 

Start Here

Curated By KIrstie © . QUINN CREATIVES .