Oh Autumn, You Babe...

21 October 2016

Autumn Candles Monin Popcorn Syrup Zoella Cosmopolitan


Do I really need ANOTHER post where I wax lyrical about how much I love Autumn? Probably not, but d'ya know what? I'm gonna go with it because it's my favourite season of the year and if it's not yours then what is your life? In previous years, I hated the dark evenings and the cold weather and but this year I'm fully embracing everything that comes with this short season.

I feel like since starting blogging, it has really made me aware of the change in the seasons, and makes me really appreciate them, whereas before I wouldn't really have cared other than the fact that it's my birthday season, it gets cold and it's nearly Christmas. Anyway, here's a few of the things I've been loving about Autumn this year...


Autumn Candles Monin Popcorn Syrup Zoella Cosmopolitan


Autumnal Drinks

When I'm out, my drink of choice is of course, a PSL. At home, I love making indulgent hot drinks when the weather gets cooler. Recently my fave has been the Monin Popcorn Syrup*. It perfectly replicates that sweet, buttery flavour, which is the ideal companion to a DIY latte or hot chocolate. I've been adding it to my coffee and snuggling on the sofa with a blanket and a book.

I've also been enjoying the Cinnamon Spice Tea*, which I got when we had our first East Midlands Blogger Coffee Morning at fave Leicester haunt, Bru. It's just perfect for Autumn/Winter with it's rich spicing, and it smells and tastes delicious. Now if I could find a way to have a constant supply of their Chocolate Fudge Brownies at home, that would be fab!


Autumn Fleur de Force The Luxe Life Zoella Cosmopolitan


Cosying Up with A Good Read 

I've not read all that many books recently so I'm determined to make reading part of my routine again. Luckily when the cold weather hits, the sofa, a blanket and a good book are a match made in heaven. I've got a whole stack of novels just waiting to be read on my bookshelf, but I'm putting those aside for the time being as I recently got two lovely books for my birthday. 

The first is Fleur de Force's rose gold adorned second book, The Luxe Life from my Mum (Fun fact, she also loves Fleur), which is a more sophisticated offering than her first, offering advice on everything from beauty, hair and there's even a hefty recipe section. It is beautifully put together with some gorgeous images, and makes for the perfect coffee table book (if we had a coffee table). 

I also got The Goddess Guide by Gisele Scanlon as a gift from my fave gal, Charlotte, and it's jam packed full of hints and tips on how to embrace your inner goddess. There's a deceptive amount of reading within the velvet embossed cover, with everything you need from finding the best vintage markets to afternoon tea locations, and to my joy, there's even a huge section on perfume!


Morning Pops Cereal Subscription


Starting The Day Right

One of my favourite ways to start the day is by going tech-free and reaching for a magazine, or one of the books I mentioned above. I'm going to start off by saying that I'm in no way a breakfast person. I've found that I'm more likely to snack mid-morning if I've eaten breakfast, whereas I can easily last out until lunchtime without too many stomach rumbles. When I do have breakfast, I like to take my time with it and indulge in a treat or two, whether that's in the form of a bowl of creamy porridge with cinnamon and blueberries (my FAVE) or something a little more indulgent like an almond croissant or a bowl of naughty cereal. There are some days where I've got no time for being healthy (time of the month, I'm talking about you).

I've been trying out a brand new cereal subscription box called Morning Pops*, which is just made for big kids! It comes with four generous servings of cereal from around the world, which is a delight if you're like me and feel a bit uninspired by the supermarket cereal isle. You can even purchase full size boxes if you find a cereal you love.

In this first box, which is letterbox friendly, you will find Fruit Loops and Hershey's Cookies 'n' Creme, both from America and Chocapic Duo from France. Each month there's a surprise mix made exclusively by the Morning Pops team, and this month it was Midnight Feast: Cereal pillows with chocolate filling mixed with mini marshmallows. 


When it's cold and drizzly outside and you're all cosy in bed, you need an exciting breakfast to entice you out of the warmth, or at least I do anyway. Morning Pops is perfect for this, especially if you're in a bit of a lull with your cereals. Why not have one per week and make it your Monday treat! You can use the code blog25 for 25% off your 1st box too!


Maybelline Halloween Makeup Spider Mascara


A Spooky Makeup Update

With Halloween just a week away, it's high time to start thinking of your costume. Even if you're not dressing up this year, you can still inject a bit of fun into your makeup look. Maybelline have a series of four Halloween-inspired makeup looks, which can be achieved with products from their Autumn releases (read the post here). I for sure am going to be recreating the whipping out my Rock Nudes palette and Midnight Merlot lipstick to recreate the Dark Temptress Look. 

Also just launched in time for Halloween is The Colossal Spider Effect Mascara*, which is just perfect to create that clumpy lash Dead Doll look. With bristles on one side of the plastic wand and a tapered tip to sculpt the lashes, it's also perfect if you're a fan of the sixties look. There's also the Master Precise Curvy* felt tip liner, which has a nib specially shaped so you can do either a thick or thin line, perfect for cobweb effects and more.

If your way of switching up your makeup for Autumn is to add a bold, berry lip, you won't be disappointed with Maybelline's offerings in their Loaded Bold collection (read the full post here). There's also the rich plum of the Color Drama Intense Lip Paint* in Vamped Up if you prefer a high gloss finish. For me, my favourite Autumn lip colour has to be the Burberry Lip Velvet in Oxblood (read the review), but the NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Damned which I used in my Autumnal NARS Full Face Tutorial comes a pretty close second!


Burberry Oxblood Lip Velvet


I feel like I've not even started when it comes to talking about all things Autumn, I may have to do a part 2! I've not even touched on Autumn scents and Autumn candles (but look out for a video on that in the future), then there's Autumn clothing, nails and all the new products in Lush (read all about that here!)... I just can't get enough of it all and I'm going to be so sad when Winter rolls around, although I can't stay too mad for long because Christmas is just around the corner! Hearing Christmas songs at the Lush event has made me so excited for all the festivities. 


Is Autumn your favourite season too?
What do you love about it?



Post a Comment

Start Here

Curated By KIrstie © . QUINN CREATIVES .