November Favourites

30 November 2016

november favourites


So tomorrow is December 1st, the day when I can finally open my Lindt chocolate advent calendar, and start counting down the days until Christmas. But err... wasn't summer like 5 minutes ago? I am not coping well with the change in seasons. Autumn I could just about deal with, because Pumpkin Spice Lattes, cosy sweaters and all the rusty leaf Instagrams, but I'm seriously hating on the cold and the dark nights that winter brings. On a more positive note, I thought I'd take a look back over the month of November, and share some of the products that I've been loving...


november favourites revlon collection


I've not been buying as many beauty products recently as I'm trying to downsize and use up some of the products in my stash. I picked up the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Blushed (£7.99) over a year ago and hadn't really given it much of a go. I pulled it out of my stash and it's become a regular feature in my handbag. It is an easy-to-wear, rosy brown shade, with a pearly finish. I just find it really pulls together a makeup look without looking too over the top.

I've also been really loving the Collection Eyes Uncovered Nude Bronze Palette* (£3.99) that went in our #EastMidsMeetUp Goodie Bags (see what else was in them here) earlier on in the year. There are some really pretty warm toned lid shades in this palette and the shadows have great pigmentation with a nice shimmery finish. My only quibble is that the shades are all quite similar. I would have liked to have seen a darker brown or a matte for the crease, which would make it the perfect palette!


november favourites superdrug vitamin e pixi glow tonic


Moving onto skincare, there's been one range that's completely rocked my socks, Superdrug's Vitamin E. I spoke about some of the products in last month's favourites, and I loved them so much that I picked up another product recently. I decided to try the Moisture Boost Serum (£3.99) and like the other products in the range, I was really impressed. It has a thick silky gel texture, which feels really nourishing on the skin. It also has glycerine high on the ingredients list, so it also makes a great primer. I've been using it almost every day and I love it!

I finally got the chance to try the infamous Pixi Glow Tonic (from £10 for 100ml) this month, which came via The Perfume Society Scents of Style Discovery Box* (review). Turns out, the hype is very much deserved as it is a really lovely toner. I'd kind of been forgetting about toner recently, and using this has made me remember just how much I enjoyed that step. I've not been using it long enough to see the effects of the glycolic acid, but it smells lovely and leaves my skin feeling fresh, soft and hydrated ready for the next step in my routine.


november favourites carex bubblegum janina


Ever since trying the Carex Fun Editions hand washes back in the summer (post) I've been on a mission to try all the different scents. My favourite to date has been the Bubblegum hand wash (£1.85). It really does take the chore out of washing your hands and releases a gorgeous aroma that stays on your hands for a while after washing.

I've also really been enjoying the Janina Naturals Activated Charcoal Toothpaste* (£11.50), a product that I got in the goodie bag from the Blogosphere Christmas Market Event (read the post). I'd become a bit bored of the toothpaste that I was using, and found that it wasn't really making my mouth feel that clean. This one is really minty, so it leaves my mouth feeling really fresh. It also contains charcoal, which is really good for whitening. It is very expensive for a toothpaste however, so I'm not sure that I would buy this again when it runs out but I do really like it.


november favourites carex lovesick m&J london bavarian winter


Now that we are well and truly into winter, I've been wanting to make my house feel as warm and cosy as possible, and there's no better way to do than lighting a candle. I've been loving the Bavarian Winter* scent from M&J London, which is a gorgeous blend of blackcurrant, cinnamon, vanilla and clove. It has a really high quality scent that isn't overpowering, but makes my living room smell like a Christmas market, winner! I currently have a giveaway where you can win one for yourself too, so make sure you check out this post!

I can't do a favourites without having a TV favourite, and this month I've been really loving the show Lovesick. You might have seen this on Channel 4 under the name Scrotal Recall. The concept is a bit gross, it follows main character Dylan contacting his old lovers after contracting chlamydia, but the show really surprised me. It tells a different story in each episode via flashbacks, as well as following the present day story line which focuses on the group's relationships. That was the worst description ever, but there's 2 seasons currently on Netflix, and I really hope they bring out a third!

What have you been loving this month?


Post a Comment

Start Here

Curated By KIrstie © . QUINN CREATIVES .