5 Kiehl's Products I'm Ridiculously Excited About #KiehlsOnWheels | AD-Event

19 April 2017

Kiehl's Leicester Event


Last week marked an exciting new addition to Leicester's shopping scene, especially for skincare lovers like me. After discovering the brand almost two years ago, I was ecstatic that there would finally be a Kiehl's concession in Leicester, more specifically in Debenhams, whose beauty hall has undergone a bit of a transformation recently, and now houses brands like Makeup Forever, Buxom and Bobbi Brown (if they could kindly add Kat Von D, that'd be perf...)! To celebrate the occasion, us Leicester bloggers were kindly invited down to see the store on it's opening day, where the #KiehlsOnWheels bus had set up shop in St Peter's Square.


Kiehl's Leicester Event KiehlsOnWheels Bus


Kiehl's has been around for over 160 years, having been founded in 1851 in New York's East Village. It started life as an old world apothecary under the name "Brunswick Apotheke" and was renamed into what we know today when the apothecary was taken over by apprentice John Kiehl. They aim to create scientifically formulated products with naturally derived ingredients, and the few that I've tried already have been fab. The Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado is a firm favourite, and I particularly liked the Daily Reviving Treatment. The Kiehl's girls (#KiehlsOnWheels ambassador Hannah and Saff from the Nottingham store) gave us a whistle stop tour of some of the hero products, and I've added a good few onto my wishlist, so I thought I'd dedicate this post to the ones that I'm getting all *heart-eyed emoji'd* over...


Kiehl's Leicester Event


This is a relatively new launch, expanding their Midnight Recovery line which also includes an oil and eye treatment. I previously really enjoyed The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Oil, and this has a very similar, lightweight texture, as well as being about 100x more luxurious, and ever so indulgent with its lavender scent - the perfect thing to help you unwind before bed (read about my tips for a great night sleep here). It contains Squalane, evening primrose oil and lavender, and I was particularly pleased to see it is mineral oil-free too! I was kindly given a sample of the Midnight Recovery Botanical Cleansing Oil at the event, and I cracked it out as soon as I got home. This can dissolve both face and eye makeup without irritation, but I still like to use an eye makeup remover to save myself rubbing the delicate skin. The scent makes it beautiful for a quick facial massage and it leaves the skin feeling really nourished.


This is another fairly new product that I'd seen doing the rounds on social media, so I was really excited to try it. It is a 99.6% naturally derived moisturiser, which contains Red Ginseng Root and Manuka Honey to renew the skin's texture and boost radiance. It has a really indulgent, thick texture which is really nourishing on the skin, if a little heavy. It also has the most dreamy vanilla scent, which makes it such a nice step in my skincare routine. I got a sample of this one too, and I've used it a few times now but I'm not 100% sure how I feel about it yet (but of course, I will report back in an Empties video!).


Again one that I've seen a lot of hype on social media, the Cactus Flower & Tibetan Ginseng Hydrating Mist is one that can be used to both tone the skin, prime and set makeup. I was really drawn to this because of its hydrating properties, and it also works to detoxify and protect skin from environmental stressors. The lavender, geranium and rosemary essential oils also give it the most beautiful, relaxing scent but one that is more suited to the evening (else I'll be falling asleep before I've even left the house!)


I've been eyeing up this mask ever since it launched last year, and I was really excited that it was one of the products demonstrated at the event. The Turmeric & Cranberry Seed Energizing Radiance Mask has a creamy texture, with the crushed cranberry seeds giving a really gentle exfoliation. It doesn't feel too stiff as it dries, and leaves the skin bright, clear and hydrated. We all sampled the mask on one hand, and after just 5 minutes, the difference it made from one hand to another was phenomenal. This is a real quick fix and I really want to pick up a tub for myself!

5) Amino Acid Hair Products

Lastly, I have two haircare products, and I'd heard a lot of good things about these, so I was very excited to find travel sizes of both the Amino Acid Shampoo and the Amino Acid Conditioner in my goodie bag! The range is both sulphate and paraben-free and contains coconut oil for a mild yet effective daily formula that adds moisture, softness, body and fullness without weighing the hair down. As a lover of anything coconut scented, these smell absolutely gorgeous, and I can't wait to try them. This will be my first time delving into Kiehl's hair care, and I have high hopes!


Kiehl's Highcross Leicester




What is your favourite Kiehl's product?



- Thanks to the team at Kiehl's for inviting me to this event -
- This does not affect my views and I will always give my honest opinion of a brand/product -

Start Here

Curated By KIrstie © . QUINN CREATIVES .