bareMinerals Ready to Go Palette Review

11 February 2014

bareMinerals READY To Go Complexion Perfection Palette - R170 - feelunique.com £34.25 Good because its got a foundation, powder, concealer, bronzer, highlighter and brushes. Think the foundation has SPF in it, so could have this instead of the BB cream. All I'd want in the day is a light dusting anyway, over some of the St Tropez face if it's not too sticky.
Image Source
The bareMinerals Ready to Go Palette (£35) was a very recent purchase and one that I was so excited about! This little pouch contains a foundation, powder, bronzer, highlighter and concealer, as well as two brushes and a mirror. This is perfect for on-the-go touch ups. It includes: Ready Foundation in R210, Mineral Veil in Medium, Ready Bronzer in Skinny Dip, Luminizer, Concealer, Mini Tapered Face Brush, Mini Precision Face Brush.

Although I have pale skin, after a trip to the bareMinerals counter, I left with the R210 palette. This is described as being for cool-toned, medium skin. The foundation in the lighter palette had very yellow undertones, so the darker one ended up being a much better match. However this did mean that whilst the foundation was perfect, the concealer ended up being way too dark for me.

The foundation unfortunately does break me out around my nose, but I do like using it in a rush for a flawless finish. Out of the two brushes, the Precision Face Brush gives a fuller coverage, or you can use the Tapered Face Brush. The Tapered Face Brush also works nicely with the powder, bronzer and highlight, and has earned its place in my travel makeup bag. 

The bronzer isn't the best I have ever used as it doesn't seem that pigmented, however it is buildable so is a fool-proof option for those with pale skin. It functions for travel, but isn't something I'd repurchase. The Luminizer however is lovely; it serves as a highlighting blush with peachy pink tones.

It has its ups and downs, but I have overall been impressed with this palette and I think you really get a lot for your money as the sizes of each product are quite generous. I simply love palettes and sets like this that allow you to try multiple products for a low price, especially when you are new to a brand, and I think bareMinerals have really championed in their foundation sets.


Have you used anything from bareMinerals?
Which products would you recommend?

Post a Comment

Start Here

Curated By KIrstie © . QUINN CREATIVES .