Wardrobe Staples

24 May 2014




As far as fashion goes, I'm all about the basics. The 'pair-with-everything' pieces you can wear time and time again, so it makes sense to spend a little bit extra on the wardrobe staples. I had a good look through my stash and came up with four must-have items that I cannot live without.

Ballet Flats are my go-to style of flats. They go with absolutely everything and as someone that always ends up with blistered feet, these are perfect. Topshop always have some really affordable ones in a range of colours (I go for the classics, pink or black) and I almost always have a couple of pairs lurking at the bottom of my closet. I have repurchased the Topshop ones many a time as they are so bloomin' comfy, although their softness means they aren't the most durable shoe. It might be worth spending a little extra with a brand like French Sole to ensure your flats last into the next season at least.

The Leather Jacket has been one of my favourite styles for years now as it instantly adds an edge to any outfit, and there's not much it doesn't go with. A real leather jacket would be such an investment and I'm still searching for the perfect one. Whistles and All Saints have some amazing real leather options, but you can find some great faux leather options on the high street, I picked mine up from H&M for £30.

I do love a good worn-in leather Satchel so I was overjoyed to be passed down my mother's beautiful satchel. This post has sparked a love for the Proenza Schouler PS1 satchel (£1250), joining the list of designer bags I'll never be able to afford, along with Marc Jacobs, Mulberry... There are some lovely options on the high street, especially from River Island, a store I really rate for bags.

Other than ballet flats, the other shoe style I practically live in is the black ankle boot. These are so versatile as they work with a simple pair of jeans, grey tee and a leather jacket for day, or you can even jazz them for a night time as a comfy alternative to wearing heels. The ones above are from Missguided, but New Look also have an amazing selection of boots.

What are your wardrobe staples?

Post a Comment

Start Here

Curated By KIrstie © . QUINN CREATIVES .