The Love Detective Book Review

23 May 2014



This is a start of a new series, in which I'll be picking a book to read and review each month. I used to be such an avid reader as a child, but as I've gotten older I don't seem to have as much time to pick up a book. This series is, in part, a way to get myself reading a lot more, as I've got quite the pile of books on my nightstand waiting to be read.




The first offering is a novel by Alexandra Potter, called The Love Detective (RRP £6.99). This is chick-lit with a twist, a very exotic twist. Main character Ruby is whisked away to Goa for a week of yoga and relaxation with her sister, only to find that she has run away to marry the hot yoga instructor. Ruby vows to find her sister, so is sent on a wild journey around India. Along the way she meets a cocky American traveller, who she finds infuriating, despite his good looks. With a good dose of karma and a twist of fate, her sister isn't the only thing Ruby finds.

Potter expertly captures the highs and lows of the characters. She manages to take you through all the senses of being in India, from the vivid festivals, to the smells and tastes of street food. This is a feel-good book that whisks you away to a land of mystery, beauty and romance. I really enjoyed The Love Detective and it's one I'd definitely recommend as a holiday read.

Have you read The Love Detective?

Post a Comment

Start Here

Curated By KIrstie © . QUINN CREATIVES .