Hungover Hauling

8 June 2014




Today was technically a hangover day, but as it was so sunny out, I decided to take a trip into town to see what Cardiff had to offer. Clearly today I was pretending I had won the lottery, as I bought quite a few high-end beauty items, oops! It did seem to heal my hangover though...

I went into M&S and was thrilled to find that Nuxe was stocked, especially after lusting over a few products. I picked up the Huile Prodigieuse (£28), which smells amazing and is great especially as I am way too lazy for a body lotion. I also got the blogger favourite RĂªve de Miel lip balm (£9.50), which I'm super impressed with already. I put the luxurious balm on, ate, drank, and my lips still felt moisturised hours later!




I was really impressed with the service in M&S, as the sales assistant was so helpful, talking me through the Nuxe products, and after asking about my skin, gave me some greatly appreciated skincare samples! I got the REN Vita Mineral Daily Supplement Moisturising Cream (full size £20) and the Clarimatte T-Zone Balancing Gel-Cream (full size £22). I also had the Nuxe Prodigieux Le Parfum (full size from £43.50) samples and the Nuxe Sun Refreshing Aftersun Lotion for Face and Body (full size £15.50). The M&S Beauty Hall really is a beauty blogger's paradise, with many difficult to find brands.





My next stop was Debenhams, where I picked up the Benefit Erase Paste (£20.50) for my dark circles. I also wandered over to the Calvin Klein counter, which was a first. I almost bought some MAC eyeshadows, but was bowled over by the quality of the CK One shadows (£12). I chose a beautiful taupey brown, 720 Evolved, and the limited edition 600 Beach Blonde. The limited edition packaging is the same as the summer '14 CK One fragrance, very reminiscent of the MAC Alluring Aquatics collection. With two CK One purchases, I got a free lipstick, so I chose the Pure Color Lipstick (£13) in 800 Brainiac, a nude. I also got the little silver make-up pouch completely free to keep my purchases in.





I also came across some Calvin Klein products in Poundland. I got two of the Tempting Glimmer Shimmer Creme Eyeshadows, in Sheer Nectar and Bare Silk. I also found a L'Oreal Paris Le Couleur Infallable Matte Finish shadow in 016 Coconut Shake. I have heard Amelia Liana going on about this shadow line, and this seems quite similar to an ELF shadow which I own and like, so I thought I'd get this.




Finally I went to Lush to repurchase the Happy Hippy shower gel (£7.75 for 250ml). I also got tempted by the Big Sea Salt Shampoo (£12.75 for 330ml) and the Superbalm Scalp Treatment (£12.50). I also got the REN Rose Centifolia Hot Cloth Cleanser (full size £16) free with the July issue of InStyle magazine, to add to my mammoth list of purchases to try out! So that brings me to the end of my haul post, I hope you've enjoyed reading it. I will be posting some reviews soon as I try the products I have bought.

4 comments

  1. I have yet to try the LUSH shampoos or body washes. That's something I want to test out. Happy Hippy sounds like it'd smell delectable. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Lush! I'd definitely recommend Happy Hippy, and It's Raining Men is gorgeous too. I'm considering a 'Best Of' post for Lush, so let me know if you'd like to see that. Keep your eyes out for a review of the BIG shampoo aswell. Loves! Kimamely Xx.

      Delete
  2. I love reading what other bloggers think of new products which I haven't explored yet. Nice post indeed :)

    Lu, www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love reading review posts. Glad you enjoyed the post Lubka! Loves! Kimamely Xx.

      Delete

Start Here

Curated By KIrstie © . QUINN CREATIVES .