Summer Rays Makeup Look

14 June 2014



Despite being ill, I decided to go take a walk in beautiful sunny Cardiff! I've not worn make-up pretty much all week, as I find after a long day of placement, I end up looking worse than without make-up! (If you have any suggestions for long-lasting make-up, please comment below!). So I was excited to spend a little time creating a look, today going for a simple taupe eye and nude lip.

If you saw my haul post last week, you will have seen that I purchased a few new beauty items, and I'd been dying all week to properly put these to the test! Unfortunately I've been ill for the past few days, and it has really taken it's toll! I used the REN Clarimatte T-zone Balancing Gel Cream (£22) but I still had super-dry skin (I am in no way saying it's a bad moisturiser, I was just in need of a bit more TLC this morning!).




I used my trusty Benefit Porefessional (£24.50, read the review here) around the T-Zone to keep oiliness at bay, and applied another Benefit product, Erase Paste (£20.50), underneath my eyes to counteract my very dark circles. I was very careful about my base, seeing as I had quite a few flaky patches, and opted for the Garnier Sensitive BB Cream (£9.99). I also went for this as I knew it has a pretty good SPF. 

Next onto the eyes. I always reach for the Urban Decay Primer Potion (£16) to ensure shadows stay put. I was excited to use some of my new Calvin Klein products, so reached for the plummy brown Tempting Glimmer in Sheer Nectar. I applied this all over my lid with my finger. It actually came out more pigmented than I expected! I layered the CK One Eyeshadow in Evolved (£12), a taupe shade, over the top with a flat brush, and a tiny bit under the lower lashes. I then used the Beach Blonde Eyeshadow (£12) on the inner portion of this to add a bit of depth. I reached for Sheer Nectar again and used a liner brush to line my upper lashes. The Bare Silk Tempting Glimmer is the perfect highlight. I used this on my inner corners and brow bone. The eyes were finished off with a few coats of the Max Factor Masterpiece Mascara (£9.99), which I did a full review on here.





Talking of brows, they were a simple affair today, as they really needed a good once-over! I used the Maybelline Brow Drama (£4.99) to add some natural definition. I really felt I needed a good perking-up, so I used the Benefit Posie Tint (£24.50) on my cheeks, and went over with the BareMinerals Ready Luminizer in The Love Affair (£24), a pretty blush-highlight hybrid. I finished off the face with a dusting of my favourite powder, and another BareMinerals offering, the Ready Touch Up Veil (£22).

For the lips, I slicked on my new favourite lip balm, the Nuxe RĂªve de Miel (£9.50), and used the CK One Pure Color Lipstick in Brainiac (£13). This is the perfect nude, a my-lips-but-better shade.

2 comments

  1. Your skin looks amazing! I need to try a few of these products! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Sorry it's such a long list of products, anything you've got your eye on?
      Loves! Kimamely Xx.

      Delete

Start Here

Curated By KIrstie © . QUINN CREATIVES .